Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hawaiian Burger for Lunch

OK, so I lied BFD! I am going to talk about what I had for lunch on this blog, b/c 1 I can, and 2 it sums up my a part of my life right now.

So after working from 8am to 1pm I finally thought ok I'm taking a break, and eating some real food. Not the typical WELCOME TO FAST AZZ FOOD JOINT WOULD U LIKE FRIES WITH THAT. No, I saw a themed burger place and went for it, good thing was this was Margaritaville before someone took Jimmy B's idea and turned it into a Corp Chain. So there I am, all my favorite things surround me a little Bob Marley on the jukebox, a Spring Training Game on the TV, a real grill, and of course booze in the blender. The bar stocked with Captain, Crown, Corona, and other booze that streached for as far as the eye could C, but can't touch remember this is a working lunch.

Yet back to the point at hand, it all reminded me of a distant memory of my last trip to the beach. A trip I was able to share with friends, and wish every day could be like that. Yet then I snap back to reality and realize that I'm a broke fresh out of college adult, and every lender in the world wants their money back with interest. (After all it is my generation that will have to save us from the recession before it turns into a great depression) I step outside and see the desert mountains of Arizona on all sides of me, and I remember I'm no longer just 5 hours away from a friend who could BS with me about the one day we retire to a sunny beach front property, No I'm 25 hours from them, but 5 hours from the water that I still can't see b/c tomorrow is payday and after all I owe, I'll be lucky to afford a water balloon.

So what now, as President Obama did say "we must pick ourselves up by our boot straps, and begin the work of rebuilding America". Alright back to work for me for now, granted what i do is nothing that noble for a 8am-8pm job Mon-Sat. Yet it pays the some of the big bills and maybe one day I'll see my friend and that beach again.

No comments:

Post a Comment