Saturday, February 28, 2009

Good-Bye to a Legend: Paul Harvey 1918-2009

Today and everyday for this point radio air waves will not sound as good and pure as they once did. Paul Harvey the legendary Newscaster, and talk show host has died, he was 90. His time on this plant was spent refining his craft, and helped shape radio and television journalism to what it is today. He is one of the reasons I love journalism, and went after my degree in it. I dont' want to try to talk about him as if I knew him, but I think we all knew a little bit about Mr. Harvey. Every morning his newscast was insightful and his mid-day second story was touching. I consider myself luck to have lived in an age where he showed us how to report correctly, and use our voice to connect to an audience. As Paul would say... "and know you know the rest of the story".

No comments:

Post a Comment