Saturday, March 21, 2009

Poor Man's Internet... at what cost

Alright being poor sucks, no question there. Plenty of P B & J's and Mac N Cheese nights try to fill stomachs. However reaching out connecting to the world around us is costing more than ever. The cable company I was using was charging $90 a month for a cable/ internet connection. I know thats not bad at 3 dollars a day, but I know others with special features could pay up to $200 a month. Well my bank account finally got to the point that i needed to cancel my net, in fact the last two post on here were made possible thanks to a generous neighbor that let me tap into their wi-fi. Sure enough they are also hurting and cut their internet.

So what's a guy to do? Well the kinko's thing gets costly, and getting to the library takes too much time. So I'm using the "free" wifi at my apartment main office. Yeah right free these people already charge us $950 a month. Then just on top of that if you forget to get your plates renewed on time, they can tow your car (and already have done it to some people). I swear some people just don't get it. In these times they should be willing to work with people not punish them with harsh fines. Honestly my bank account has $200 in it right now, and that is just enough that I can eat, buy gas, and get ready to move the hell out of here. My tags can get changed later. Yet that's right the other side of the housing market is that we can, and as of next month will be renting a house, with out their bullshit take justice into apartment property management rules.

In closing today the lesson learned is, that if these business think they can nit pick, to nickel and dime us then they will find them selfs soon out of business. Which is sad because that is very easily avoided mistake, and as they start to lay people off as a result it all goes back to the economic theory that just one lay off can hurt a local economic environment.

Peace Out
J.J. Gilmore

No comments:

Post a Comment